Middle School Social Studies Teacher
- Active Teaching Certificate with Secondary (RX) or (CX) endorsements.
- The candidate must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge, understanding, evaluative skills, critical inquiry, and ability to teach social studies content, processes, and skills inclusive of those in Michigan’s K-12 Curriculum Framework and Benchmarks, and Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE) in accordance to the Universal Education Vision and Principles, and State Board of Education (SBE) Educational Technology Standards and Expectations.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate or show evidence of quality experiences with adolescent-aged students. The successful candidate must exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the various populations they will be working with.
Reports to: Middle School Principal
Job Goal: The Middle School Teacher agrees to perform duties assigned in a competent and professional manner in accordance with the established policies and regulations of the Board of Education and the laws of the State.
- A strong background in teaching or other related fields of instruction.
- Knowledge of research-based instructional practices.
- The ability to teach a variety of ability-level students in the same classroom.
- Working knowledge of the State of Michigan benchmarks for social studies.
- Demonstration of effective classroom management techniques with high levels of student engagement.
- Demonstration of effective integration of technology into their instruction.
- The competency to teach a variety of ability-level students in the same classroom.
- The ability to work in a team environment towards individual classroom, building, and district goals.
- Ability to coach/support extra curricular learning
Terms of Employment:
Contract starts 2019-2020 School Year
Direct questions to:
Mike Wilson 231-439-8230 firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 22, 2019
How to Apply: Apply online only through the BCPS webpage