High School Social Studies Teacher
High School Social Studies Teacher 2019-2020 School Year
Must be Michigan Teacher Certified and be Highly Qualified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate learning for middle level students.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction and engage students in the learning process.
- Establish classroom structure that values positive relationships through intentional implementation of the district curriculum and support the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports system.
- Exhibit an ability to work within the Professional Learning Communities method of curriculum development.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
Additional Qualifications: Qualified candidate should skillfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- The strong desire and ability to build meaningful, caring relationships with students in order to exert academic press and influence.
- The skill and willingness to leverage the ASCD Whole Child model to ensure that students’ social, emotional, nutritional and health needs are addressed.
- The ability to collaboratively create and execute clear, logical instructional plans that produce strong results in student learning.
- The ability to integrate 21st Century competencies such as technology literacy, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and problem solving, goal setting, ethical citizenship, and personal accountability in curriculum.
- The capacity to rigorously create and sustain a well- orchestrated system of ongoing data collection and analysis to inform a continuously responsive and adaptive system of tiered instruction attentive to student’s specific academic needs.
- The capacity to align curriculum, instruction and assessments while responding to individual needs of students.
Required Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Education
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate (RX endorsement)
- Valid state licensing to meet Highly Qualified requirements
Apply in writing with a letter of interest, copies of certification, transcripts and three letters of recommendation to Mr. Dan Mesyar, Principal, Ludington High School, Ludington Area School District, 809 E Tinkham Avenue, Ludington MI 49431 by 4PM Wednesday, June 12, 2019. Application materials should be submitted as one (1) PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.