Director - Charter School
To achieve individual academic success for all students through a positive family/school/community partnership.
To provide the highest quality comprehensive educational environment that inspires excellence in academics and character by:
- Educating the whole (social, emotional, physical, academic) child,
- Setting high expectations,
- Partnering with parents and community,
- Fully maximizing available resources, and
- Ranking in the top 10% statewide.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction to ensure academic achievement and social growth for all students.
- Manages programs, leads staff and faculty to develop an optimal learning climate for the school.
- Provides leadership in the evaluation of the strengths and programmatic needs of the school in relation to the Strategic Plan.
- Prepares and achieves high standards for quality and excellence.
- Effectively communicates the school’s program to parents and the local community.
- Works effectively with Kindergarten – 6th grade colleagues.
- Provides instructional leadership to support continuous improvement through the implementation of effective instructional programs.
- Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the school.
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates student data to inform the school improvement process as it relates to raising student achievement.
- Assists in the recruiting, screening, recommending and retention of qualified candidates for positions on the school staff and in the orientation of new personnel.
- Plans and administers professional development activities.
- Administers, manages and supervises the operation of the school in compliance with the Board of Directors policies and procedures.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate records on the progress and attendance of students through report cards and conferences.
- Administers a plan for utilization of volunteers and community partners.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and security of all students and staff.
- Maintains student conduct and enforces discipline in compliance with district procedures and according to due process rights of students.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Master’s degree in teaching, educational leadership or related field
- State school administrator’s certification requirements
- Knowledge of or experience with elementary school curriculum, data analysis, performance assessment, and school improvement planning
- Successful work history
- Five years of successful teaching experience
- Experience in advancing student achievement
- Experience in professional written and oral communication skills
- Technology skills for communication, data analysis and report writing
- Experience in an urban or diverse setting
- Experience utilizing Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS): academic as well as socio-emotional
- Successful building-level administrative experience
- Knowledge of Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn literacy standards and best practices in the core content areas to increase student achievement
- Successful experience in a multicultural, urban school district