RESPONSIBLE TO: The Director of Finance and Business Operations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- One (1) Full-time position, 260-day position.
- Salary: $48,000-$58,000.
- Competitive compensation package, with salary commensurate with the education and experience of the candidate, is available. A two-year contract with provisions for annual review and evaluation will be offer. A fringe benefit package is offer, including health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Facilities Supervisor, reporting to the Director of Finance and Business Operations, will ensure that the District’s buildings and grounds inclusive of the physical learning environment is safe, clean, pleasant, attractive, and smoothly functioning. The Facilities Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all custodial, maintenance, security, and groundskeeping personnel. This position will also assist the Director of Finance and Business Operations with the oversight, management and the meeting of all requirements associated with the District’s Energy Management program and School Safety, Security and Emergency Operations programs.
- Supervise all maintenance/custodial team members, and their work, in order to ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.
- Establishes and administers work schedules and procedures for the regular ongoing custodial care and maintenance of all building and grounds owned and/or leased by the Board of Education.
- Recommends comprehensive short and long-range planning, scheduling of preventative maintenance and repair requirements of the district. Assist in the development of a prioritized list of needed facility upgrades and repairs.
- Assist in the provision of a continuing program of staff training, safety awareness, and personal development that moves the department toward achievement of goals.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications and make recommendations to the Director of Finance and Business Operations for all contractual work within the district.
- Schedule the work of outside contractual firms, inspects the work performance of such firms and reports to the Director of Finance and Business Operations as to the status and completion of such work.
- Monitor identified District Capital Improvement projects and provide updates to administration during such projects following a determined timeline.
- Monitors security systems to ensure all are operational and meeting the diverse needs of the district. Serves as a backup staff when alarms are not answered and respond in their absence.
- Coordinates the development and subsequent monitoring of the district’s emergency operations plans for each district building/program and coordinates those plans with the district’s Critical Incident Management consultant.
- Maintains records and monitors plans related to ADA, asbestos (AHERA), Right-to-know, and other OSHA/MIOSHA standards, rules, and regulations.
- Inspects all school buildings, grounds, and installations on a regular basis, to determine that a high standard of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security is maintained. Conduct safety inspections, accident investigations, and training programs to create a safe work environment.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Business Operations in the hiring, assignment, and termination of employment of all personnel encompassed within the facilities area of operations.
- Assists the Director of Finance and Business Operations in the evaluation of the performance of individual personnel as well as the Facilities group as a whole against industry best practices and makes recommendations that move the Facilities group toward improved customer service, productivity, and cost-effectiveness.
- Maintains such files and records for the department as may be required.
- Prepare various reports as needed.
- Determines and establishes detailed specifications pertaining to supplies, materials, and equipment of the department in order to best meet the needs of the organization.
- Supervise distribution of facilities departmental supplies, materials, and equipment. Establish inventory control and an appropriate security system to safeguard these items.
- Confers on a regular basis with the Director of Finance and Business Operations regarding custodial and maintenance work and needs.
- As directed by the Director of Finance and Business Operations attends meetings of job-related organizations and pursues applicable certifications.
- Respond to immediate needs of the appropriate building administrator.
- As applicable and as directed by the Director of Finance and Business Operations, will assume responsibility for the security of the building(s) each night and for determining that all doors and windows are secured and all lights, except for those that remain on for safety purposes, are turned off.
- As needed and as directed by the Director of Finance and Business Operations, assists with removal of snow, sand/salt sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, and steps.
- Assists with the oversight, management and the meeting of all responsibilities and requirements associated with the District’s Energy Management Program.
- Has overall responsibility for being “on call” for all alarm calls and for the opening and closing of all buildings in the absence of regular staff so assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Business Operations.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency. Associates degree in building/construction management or similar area preferred, but will consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of construction, maintenance, security, grounds keeping, custodial operations, pool maintenance, and employee safety.
- Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of building/maintenance experience. Prior school district experience preferred.
- Candidate must have at least three (3) years experience in the area of maintaining physical facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to direct employees with consistent application of rules and regulations as required by applicable laws, regulations, employee contracts, procedure manuals, and board policy is required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and precisely in both oral and written form and have some experience in making group presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and complete necessary records and reports within deadlines.
- Ability to reorganize and prioritize work in a complicated and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must complete and submit an online Saginaw Intermediate School District application. In addition to the online application, applicants are required to submit electronically a cover letter, resume, at least three (3) letters of recommendation, and copies of transcripts. An application may be obtain online by going to the SISD web site at: www.sisd.cc and clicking on “Employment” section.
Job ID: 2303