English Teacher - Middle School Alt Ed
To apply, please email your credentials to email@example.com.
To encourage and promote the educational and social success of students at the secondary level.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: (May not include all tasks employee may be expected to perform.)
- Teaches District adopted curriculum
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations
and procedures of the District.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations
of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone
calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains reasonable standards and procedures for pupil behavior to achieve an effective
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps accurate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of parents and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Creates an environment of learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be qualified to perform essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have mastery of the English language – written and verbal.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program;
ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
- Create an environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of teaching strategies.
- Develop course design and lesson plans.
- Assist with ordering materials and equipment for programs and productions.
- Take an active role in the growth and development of the social science program.
- Ability to demonstrate orally or in writing a working knowledge of theory and application of all concepts of
- Evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in use of different mediums, equipment, and technology preferred.
- Plan and attend parent activities.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent or designee.
Education And/Or Experience-Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (if applicable):
- Four-year degree from an accredited teacher preparation program.
- Valid Teaching Certificate in area of study. BA or BX endorsement.
- MDE Endorsements as necessary for job assignment
- Patient, compassionate and calm individual who keeps students best interest in mind
- Ability to care for and meet needs of students with disabilities.
- Expert customer service skills.
Physical Requirements (if applicable): The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Minimal lifting.
- Extensive standing, walking and movement, typical of a teaching environment.
- Ability to guide and to work collaboratively with school personnel.