Burt Township School Superintendent
Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Michigan Administrator’s Certificate. Michigan Teaching Certificate preferred, but not required. Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in education or related field desirable. Applicant must be comfortable in a rural setting, with experience in an isolated district preferred. Preferred applicants are innovative and work as a team with students and staff to achieve a diverse set of educational goals. Must understand the significance of public schools within a rural community (Upper Peninsula of Michigan), and be willing to plan for the success and longevity of Burt Township Public Schools.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications, as well as competitive with current geographic administrative positions of similar size.
Priority Attributes and Related Information:
- Burt Township Public Schools recently passed School Improvement Bond in November of 2018. Projects begin summer of 2019.
- Previous experience in K-12 classroom teaching
- Interested in and willing to implement innovative and non-traditional education structures
- Thinks creatively and is prepared for an unpredictable work environment
- Prepared with work with low income youth as well students with special needs
- Prepared to advertise school and develop a plan for growth
Send all applications to
Burt Township School Board
P.O. Box 338
Grand Marais, MI 49839
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org