Assistant Principal / Athletic Director
POSTING DATE: February 11, 2019
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Principal / Athletic Director
Availability for the 2019-20 school year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 11, 2019
- Active Michigan teaching certificate required
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership or Administration preferred
- Active Michigan administrator’s certificate preferred
- Five years of successful experience as a teacher and coach preferred
- Promoting continued school improvement and student growth through daily supervision, problem solving, communication, collaboration and leadership in the areas of: student attendance and discipline, budgeting, teacher evaluation, and all other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Effective communication with students, staff, parents and community. Outstanding computer skills, professional appearance and regular attendance at school sponsored events and activities.
- Keen awareness of public responsibilities, including confidentiality and professionalism.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties to assist the Principal in managing the school; assume the duties of the Principal as assigned.
- Assist with supervision and evaluation of designated certified and/or classified personnel; assign duties to faculty and staff as appropriate to meet school objectives; assist with recruiting, interviewing and selecting new faculty and staff.
- Assist with the development and administration of disciplinary procedures in accordance with district policies and state and federal laws; receive referrals and confer with students, parents, teachers and community agencies; respond to and resolve parent, student, and staff concerns
- Supervise students on campus before and after school; monitor students throughout the school day and other activities; discipline students according to established guidelines
- Prepare and maintain a variety of district, county, state and federally mandated records and reports regarding student attendance, discipline, cumulative records and academic achievement.
- Administer the middle school and high school athletic program which includes the supervision, hiring and evaluation of coaches as well as the scheduling, organization and supervision of athletic events and personnel. Act as the district’s contact for MHSAA, Lenawee County Athletic Association, and Blissfield Athletic Boosters.
- Develop and continue to evaluate appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities.
- Establish and enforce academic and athletic code requirements of eligibility for participation.
- Prepare financial reports of all revenues and expenditures for all athletic contests
- Assure the health, safety and welfare of students.
- Prepare the total athletic budget for the district and present it to the Superintendent for formal adoption
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-time salary and health care benefits provided. Negotiable based on experience, education, and certification.
- Performance for this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Administration and/or Board policy on evaluation of personnel.
- Interested parties are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, resume, collegiate transcripts, certification, references, and three letters of recommendation to:
Jerry R. Johnson, Superintendent
Blissfield Community Schools
630 S. Lane Street
Blissfield, Michigan 49228