Middle School Teacher - Mathematics; Evansville, Indiana
In the role of Middle School Teacher, you will work collaboratively with instructional staff and leadership to cultivate and monitor the deliverance of a high-quality education for each and every student. Teachers create and implement a flexible classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth; develop lesson plans consistent with established guidelines; establish positive rapport with students, staff members, and parents; and motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student’s ability.
Qualifications & Competencies
The appropriate candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent
- Valid teaching certification for content-based instruction in grades 5-8 (as appropriate)
- Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching)
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, school community values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.
v Evidence of strong leadership - going above and beyond in prior teaching
v Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
v A track record of excellent results with children at advanced levels in at-risk communities
v Strong computer skills and ability to analyze data in various applications including Excel
v Proficiency in data analysis is a plus
v Successful experience in an urban setting is a plus
Responsibilities / Duties
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Ensure classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
- Implement all relevant policies governing student conduct.
- Develop reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with school policy and guidelines,
- Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develop lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
- Plan individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objectives and students’ needs.
Terms of Employment
$33,000-$36,000 full-time salary, benefits, and performance pay according to the salary and benefits policy. Job is exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Excellent Time-Off Incentive.