Dean of Instruction - Evansville, IN
In the role of Dean of Instruction, you will work collaboratively with instructional staff and leadership to cultivate and monitor the deliverance of a high-quality education for each and every student.
The appropriate candidate for this position will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must be an Indiana certified teacher
- At least 5 years of successful teaching experience in the classroom
- Successful experience teaching in an urban setting
- Evidence of strong leadership - going above and beyond in prior teaching/administrative roles
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- A track record of excellent results teaching children at advanced levels in at-risk communities
- Strong computer skills and ability to analyze data in various applications including Excel
- Proficiency as a teacher coach is a plus - Excellent results in coaching teachers, providing training, conducting classroom observations, and implementing, analyzing, and helping teachers analyze and create action plans from assessments.
- Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
Responsibilities / Duties
- Creating, maintaining and monitoring an aligned curriculum and instruction system to champion the engagement and growth of teachers.
- Creating strategies used to foster shared decision making and build teacher capacity to support student learning needs in diverse and struggling learning communities.
- Coaching teachers to deliver rigorous content to students who need to make ambitious gains in academic content toward grade level mastery.
- Helping teachers to evaluate and improve instructional best practices.
- Supporting leaders and teachers to align educational content to provide a challenging curriculum.
- Guiding teachers to create targeted lesson plans that strengthen students' foundational skills and challenge higher order thinking and application.
- Facilitating the implementation of valid and reliable local and standardized assessment practices.
- Developing and delivering targeted professional development.
- Coordinating and leading Professional Learning Communities (PLC) process schoolwide.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light lifting and exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
- Environment may be noisy during high student traffic.
Terms of Employment
$50,000 full-time salary, benefits, and performance pay according to the salary and benefits policy. Job is exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Excellent Time-Off Incentive.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**