Administrative Assistant to Principal - Buchanan High School
Buchanan Community Schools:
Administrative Assistant to Principal – Buchanan High School
Buchanan Community Schools is welcoming applicants for an Administrative Assistant to Principal at Buchanan High School. The district seeks qualified internal applicants to apply.
- Answers routine phone inquiries, takes messages, and routes calls.
- Prepares “beginning of the year” duties: back to school packets, 8th Grade orientation, photographer.
- Provides assistance to high school students, teachers, visitors, and parents of high school students.
- Serves as confidential secretary to High School Principal
- Maintains office supplies.
- Creates all high school and some CTE purchase orders and check requests, and follows up with all required procedures to close out each.
- Maintains high school credit card, reconciles monthly statements, and is responsible to keep those records.
- Distributes orders to high school personnel.
- File proper paperwork, check in, dispense, and log all prescription medication to students.
- Reviews principals mail, brings attention to important pieces of mail.
- Responsible to process and schedule high school parent instant alerts.
- Types, prepares, distributes, files records/reports, correspondence etc. related to building functions and principal needs.
- Schedule substitute teachers, prepare folders with pertinent information, prepare attendance sheets, and get set-up in the classroom. Reconcile all substitutes with Aesop.
- Reconcile all staff absences in Skyward with Aesop.
- Attends evening functions as needed.
- Keeps accurate record of teachers' absences, dates and reasons.
- Compute senior honor students, Valedictorian, and Salutatorian; class ranks are figured for seniors at the end of the 8th semester.
- Compute qualification for Academic Award Ceremony; create invites and certificates.
- Keeps track of the building use forms; updates large wall and web (teacher and public) calendars.
- Prepares student and faculty announcements.
- Prepares parent conferences twice a year - create and send instant alerts, confirm times with BAND/CTE teachers for when they will be working, create signage, set up tables, alert teachers. Assist in organized dinners for staff.
- Prepares faculty and student handbooks.
- Assists students with computer logins, passwords, and chromebooks.
- Scan in device agreement forms and file.
- Processes all Field Trip, Conference, and Vehicle forms.
- Prepares diploma order (diploma, covers, honor cords).
- Assists in the preparation of Honors Convocation.
- Prepares commencement program, invites special guests, coordinate set up, finalize details.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and department related requirements.
- Processes all “end of year” duties: check out teachers, maintain key log, file appropriate paperwork, and process next year supply orders.
- Other High School Office duties as required
The desired candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Able to effectively take direction, as well as, work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Ability to handle complex and stressful issues or situations with sound judgment, common sense, and a calm demeanor
- Impeccable character, sense of humor, and compassion for students, families, and district staff
Eligible candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a diverse environment
- Flexible, caring, creative individual
- Punctual and rarely absent work habits
- Experience working with high school adolescents
- Technologically literate; Microsoft Office
- Experience with PowerSchool
- Title: Administrative Assistant to Principal – Buchanan High School
- Reports to: Buchanan High School’s Principal
- Starting date: Upon hire
- Compensation: 12.76 – 15.62 per hour commiserate with experience, benefits included, and all according to contract.
- Posting date: Internal Only January 21st, 2019 – January 25th, 2019; External posting January 26th, 2019 until filled.
- Application deadline: Until Filled
Applicants for the position should submit the following documents using our online application located on the Buchanan Community Schools’ website and accessing the Employment link. Uploaded documents are acceptable as one file of all scanned documents together in the area of Application Materials or as separate titled uploads in the specified areas of Application Materials and References within the online application. Please be sure to upload the following documents:
- Letter of interest detailing the manner in which the candidate meets the qualifications and desired attributes for the position, addressed to Stacey DeMaio, Buchanan High School Principal
- A current resume with reference contact information
- Unofficial photocopies of all university/college transcripts if applicable
- Two current (within the last three years) letters of recommendation
Application and supporting materials should be submitted using
Buchanan Community Schools’ online employment link:
before 5:00 pm on application due date
Application materials should be addressed to:
Stacey DeMaio, Principal
Buchanan High School
401 W. Chicago St.
Buchanan, Michigan 49107
Questions about the position or the district can be sent to Stacey DeMaio at: email@example.com
BUCHANAN BOARD OF EDUCATION
STATEMENT OF ASSURANCE OF COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL LAW
The Buchanan Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. Coordinators for Affirmative Action and review of Federal requirements are as follows: Section 504 and ADA, Karin Falkenstein (Ottawa Early Childhood Principal, 695- 8409): Title IX, Title VI and Civil Rights, Brian Pruett (H.S. Assistant Principal, 695-8404).