Mechatronics-Robotics CTE Teacher
JOB TITLE: Teacher – Career and Technical Education (CTE) - Mechatronics-Robotics
Provide an educational learning environment and instruct/facilitate student learning for the Mechatronics course that meets the Michigan guidelines for a CTE program. Position Full/Part Time depending on enrollment/other duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Presence on the job is an employee’s fundamental obligation. Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is required.
- Plan a program of study that follows the curriculum of the Office of Career and Technical Education of Michigan.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports via district approved software system.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law and district policy.
- Work with business, industry, and post-secondary institutions to develop and meet educational and industrial standards.
- Coordinate and supervise a career and technical student organization.
- Have an understanding of and a familiarity with the technology pertaining to the program, and incorporate that understanding into the instruction.
- Incorporate various instructional strategies to deliver the curriculum.
- Will maintain a current advisory committee involved in business and industry.
- Provide a leadership role in the development of professional and post-secondary partnerships.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, work time and assessment.
- Monitor assigned district-owned equipment and supplies to prevent loss or abuse.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with local business and industry employers preferred
- Previous teaching or training experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid State of Michigan Secondary Teaching Certificate desired OR The ability to obtain the appropriate State of Michigan Vocational/Occupational Certificate in Mechatronics OR Bachelor of Science Degree with Vocational Content and two (2) years of recent and relevant work experience in Mechatronics occupational area.
- Valid Drivers’ License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on department and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, administrators, parents and the community.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in written or oral communication.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology and computer skills.
- Must carry out all responsibilities with awareness of all requirements, standards and policies established by the Board of Education.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently; possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to assume responsibility for confidential information.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Supervises classroom, paraprofessionals and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups including administrators, staff, local school districts, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to extrapolate needed statistical data from given information.
- Ability to frame and solve a practical problem logically and rationally.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding, to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
START DATE: TBD
DEADLINE: February 12, 2019
For more information, please contact Chad Folkersma, Jr/Sr. High Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-478-3771 Ext. 6202