Director of Human Resources
$71,392 - $83,990
Full benefits – 260 Day work year
Educational and Work Experience:
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources. Five years of Human Resources work experience in education or industry preferred. Have clearly and consistently demonstrated high quality leadership over an extended period of time. Must have strong people skills. Broad experience in personnel matters. Experience in supervising and evaluating employees. Ability to represent the school district. Ability to work with various employee groups. Knowledge of K-12 preferred.
· Plans and directs a program for recruitment selection, and placement of highly qualified teachers and other
· Reviews applications for instructional and administrative positions
· Conducts reference and background checks for staff
· Manages District employee relations program
· Recommends assignments, transfers, dismissals, promotions, leaves of absence, and tenure placements
· Maintains adequate personnel records for the district
· Organize a core of guest teachers and assigns them to schools
· Conducts Human Resource planning, budgeting, and staffing
· Administers unemployment claims and workers compensation claims
· Provides some staff development
· Participates and assists planning of new employee orientation and induction programs
· Completes Federal, State, and local reports pertaining to the school district and the Human Resources office
· Develops guidelines and procedures for staff evaluation
· Develops personnel related components of the budget
· Supports Superintendent in overall Administrative efforts
· Other Duties assigned by Superintendent
When applying for a position with the Midland Public Schools, interested candidates must complete an application in order to be considered an official applicant. To apply for an Internal Posting or if you are a current Midland Public Schools employee you may submit the Internal Application form located on the MPS website. To complete the application process, you will need to complete the online application at www.midlandps.org. Your application will be retained in active status for one school year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
Please do not send paper documents! When completing your application, you will submit your documents electronically. If you cannot upload your documents, be prepared to provide this information should you be called for an interview.