Director of Business Operations
To be successful, the ideal candidate will be able to perform each of the essential duties below with confidence and competence:
- Developing and implementing appropriate business policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Updating and maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Collaborating with the Bookkeeper and Business Specialist on all invoicing and accounts receivable functions.
- Supervising accounts payable practices and activities, including managing purchasing card activity.
- Reviewing investment portfolio and preparing cash flow projections for investment purposes.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and cost analyses to the Executive Director.
- Preparing financial statements and schedules required for the annual audit.
- Working with the Bookkeeper to prepare annual budget documents.
- Reviewing applicable laws and regulations for non-profit status and recommending changes, as appropriate.
- Preparing and updating contracts for partners, sponsors, contract employees and contracted LLCs.
- Managing and coordinating all employee benefit programs.
- Preparing and annually reviewing hiring packets and/or contracts with new and existing employees.
- Managing building projects and coordinating maintenance with MELG partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field from an accredited educational institution required, as well as three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or financial manager in a complex organization. Association and/or non-profit background preferred.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including the ability to learn and utilize new software as systems are upgraded; a working knowledge of Apple applications and Mac OSX; and familiarity with a database.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with peers in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills.
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change.