Dean of Middle School at Lansing Charter Academy
Bring your passion for influencing and supporting our youth to National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a dean to one of our NHA partner schools.
Founded in 1995, NHA, one of the nation’s leading charter school management organizations, currently operates more than 80 schools across nine states serving over 55,000 students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Our NHA schools are designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
In our schools you will find bright colors, smiling faces, and opportunity. While working at an NHA partner school, you will make a difference in the lives of our students. You will gain invaluable experience and have fun along the way.
In this position, the school principal and director of school quality will be there to support you every step of the way. Along with our result-driven curriculum and commitment to educating the whole child – academically, morally, and socially – you and your students will be set up for success.
- Lead and coach a team of educators through weekly classroom observations and one-on-one meetings
- Support academic growth by providing feedback and evaluating educators
- Supervise student discipline
- Develop a strong instructional team committed to success and NHA’s mission and purpose
- Manage parent and community relationships and maintain high levels of parent satisfaction
- Promote strong student achievement results
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in teaching as well as 1-year previous leadership experience as an Instructional Coach, Assistant Principal, etc.
- A valid administrator license(if required for the state in which you are applying)
- Some travel required for professional development
- Experience working with at-risk students - strongly preferred
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer