Saginaw County Career Navigator Coach
RESPONSIBLE: Director of Career and Technical Education (CTE).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- One (1) Full-time position, 220 day position.
- Competitive compensation package based on years of experience and qualifications, with benefits.
- Salary: $65,000-$78,000.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Promote and market Career and Technical Education opportunities at the Saginaw Career Complex (SCC) to Saginaw County students. Provides leadership toward the development of career awareness, P-20, throughout Saginaw County.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in School Guidance and Counseling from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Michigan School Counselor license.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs and software.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrates confidential and sound professional judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to local districts, including career navigators, in the area of career development/awareness.
- Markets and promotes countywide CTE opportunities to students, counselors, and parents in Saginaw County.
- Coordinates and facilitates the development and implementation of countywide career fair/experiences for middle school students and high school students.
- Provides outreach activities and marketing of the Career Complex, including the development of marketing material content, and coordination of elementary, 8th grade and 10th grade visits, as well as other related outreach activities.
- Provides career resource information and support to local district staff with integration into curriculum.
- Provides guidance and direction to local district staff with career ladders, including the promotion to students and parents.
- Assists the Director of CTE with the development and delivery of professional development opportunities to Saginaw County counselors, including the securing of SCECHs.
- Provides assistance with the expansion of Career and Technical Student Organizations at the Saginaw Career Complex.
- Assists and make recommendations with various fundraising activities that would help support student participation in Career and Technical Student Organizations at the Saginaw Career Complex.
- Provides leadership and direction with county-wide career awareness activities, as directed by the Director of CTE.
- Strong understanding of post-secondary programs of study and multiple student pathways to attain career goals.
- Ability to effectively work with post-secondary partners on collaborative partnerships, such as dual enrollment opportunities.
- Provides leadership/direction with Career Cruising/Xello for Saginaw County schools, including setting up professional development/training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Michigan School Counselor license
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously walking and frequently required to stand; occasionally the employee will sit.
- The employee frequently will bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person. The employee frequently will reach above the head, squat or stoop and reach forward while performing the duties of this job.
- The position requires the employee to be able to have continuous hand/grip strength.
- Continuously manual and finger dexterity is required to perform the duties of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently push or lift up to 25 lbs.
- The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to tell differences among colors and good depth perception.
- The employee is required to hear conversation in a noisy place.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with the public and other staff.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must complete and submit an online Saginaw Intermediate School District application. In addition to the online application, applicants are required to submit electronically a cover letter, resume, at least three (3) letters of recommendation, and copies of transcripts. An application may be obtained online by going to the SISD web site at: www.sisd.cc and clicking on “Employment” section.
AppliTrack Job ID: 2263