Early Childhood Literacy and Reading Coach
Muskegon Area Intermediate School District 630 Harvey St. Muskegon, MI 49442
POSITION: Early Literacy / Reading Coach
This position provides coaching services to Americorps Reading Corps members assigned to multiple pre-school classrooms and centers in
Muskegon County during the school year. Responsibilities include coaching, data collection, fidelity monitoring, professional development
assistance, and general Reading Corps program oversight responsibilities.
1. Oversees daily functions of pre-k Americorps/Reading Corps tutors assigned to countywide classrooms.
2. Ensures fidelity of assessment model implemented in classrooms.
a. Responsible for quarterly and annual progress data reports.
3. Coaches Americorps members in best practices with early literacy interventions and classroom and child management practices.
4. Partners with LEA staff at classroom sites to effectively implement the Reading Corps program.
5. Participate meaningfully in professional development sessions related to effective Reading Corps implementation.
6. Make recommendations to the Director regarding ongoing program improvement.
7. Upholds the Head Start Code of Conduct.
8. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the early childhood development, literacy, or early elementary education.
2. Successful experience in early childhood program(s) or in the delivery of services to families with young children either in educational or
human services agency.
3. The ability to work and communicate effectively with program staff, agency representatives, administrators, parents and council members.
4. No physical or mental restrictions that would, with reasonable accommodation, prevent performance of the essential job functions and
5. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam including tuberculosis screening and criminal records background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: All candidates must apply online at www.muskegonisd.org/jobs/.
TERMS: This position is part time, up to 20 hours per week - school year (195 days). No benefits provided.
SALARY RANGE: $19.31/hour.
It is the policy of the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District that no staff member, candidate for employment, program participant, or
recipient of services shall experience discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation or
transgender identity) disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any
other legally protected category (collectively "Protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Inquiries related to issues of discrimination on the basis of disability should be directed to the Assistant Director for Special Education at
(231) 767-7249. All other discrimination inquiries or requests for special accommodations to participate in a program, event, or activity
should be directed to the Human Resources Director at (231) 767-7213.