Administrative Assistant, Business Unit
Ingham Intermediate school district
Administrative Assistant, Business Unit
Ingham ISD, Mason, MI
Salary Range/ Level:
$14.51 – 19.26 per hour
(commensurate with experience)
OPEIU 2018-19 Salary Schedule
Terms of Employment:
52 weeks/year, 5 days/week, 8 hours/day
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m.
A completed online application is REQUIRED. (See application instructions at
Ingham ISD under Employment.)
Resume and cover letter may be:
- Attached within the online application (preferred)
- Faxed: (517) 676-4294
- Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed: Ingham ISD, Human Resources
2630 W. Howell Road, Mason, MI 48854
Ingham Intermediate School District
Ingham ISD exists to serve and lead through collaboration, innovation and advocacy.
Ingham ISD, in partnership with all stakeholders, will transform our community by fostering the success of all learners in preparation for college, work and life
Under the general direction of the Business Unit Administrators and in compliance with established policies, procedures and practices, provides general office and administrative support for the Business Unit.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years or more of office and administrative support work experience.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to all levels of staff, students, parents, constituent school districts, community and state agencies, vendors and others. The incumbent is required to handle problem situations in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
- Written and computer skills necessary for the creation and compilation of various documents, communications and reports. The incumbent is required to effectively utilize a variety of software applications which may include but is not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphic design and database software applications.
- Mathematical skills necessary to prepare various financial related documents that may include but are not limited to check requests, requisitions, purchasing card reconciliations and other cost calculations. In addition, if required, mathematical skills necessary to assist in budget preparation and to monitor and maintain assigned account.
- Ability to utilize discretion and sound judgment in handling confidential information and documents.
- Mental ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities and demands, adapt to interruptions, work on several projects at the same time, work on tasks requiring accuracy and attention to detail, and handle pressures related to multiple deadlines.
- Analytical ability to evaluate information and situations to determine the appropriate course of action without supervisor approval.
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time working on a computer and to properly operate required office equipment
- Performs general office support tasks which may include but are not limited to handling routine correspondence and email communications, answering phones, providing information, maintaining files, sorting/distributing the mail, assisting with mailings, providing assistance to staff on usage and repair of equipment/facilities and ordering supplies/materials/equipment.
- Composes, prepares and edits reports, forms, letters, presentations and other materials, which can be of a confidential nature.
- Creates and maintains databases and files using various computer systems and programs to allow for efficient retrieval and reporting of information.
- Makes meeting arrangements. Duties may include, but are not limited to, coordinating logistical arrangements (room, food, equipment, etc.) and preparation/assembly of required materials.
- Makes workshop/conference arrangements for staff duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating logistical arrangements (travel, lodging, registration, etc.).
- Provides assistance and guidance to others including but not limited to students, parents, constituent school districts, community agencies, district staff and others by evaluating the situation and determining the appropriate course of action, resource or referral.
- Prepares materials, which may include but is not limited to, the creation and layout of presentations, flyers, brochures, newsletters, marketing materials, web-based resources.
- Assists with maintaining and updating department website content.
- Maintains a variety of electronic and paper student records (e.g. attendance, grades, transcripts, applications, documents, inactive files, demographics, etc.), as required.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of payroll and attendance records for assigned staff.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with statutes, contracts, rules, regulations, interpretations and the like.
- Handles a variety of financial processes which may include, but is not limited to, performance contracts, requisitions, purchasing card transactions and reconciliations, invoices, check requests, 1099 payment requests, and reimbursement requests; utilizes District financial software as appropriate. Ensures paperwork is accurate and complete, performs follow-up as necessary.
- Works with assigned staff to track departmental fixed assets on an on-going basis to ensure district records are accurate.
- Assists in the evaluation, design, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of Department systems and procedures to support and improve operational effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work is in a normal environment where there is minimal or no physical discomfort.
Preceding data are intended to convey information essential to making fair pay decision about the job, and are not exhaustive lists of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Notice of Non-discrimination
It is the policy of Ingham Intermediate School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender/sex, age, disability, height, weight, marital status, or lack of English language speaking skills, in its programs, services or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 2630 West Howell Road, Mason, MI, 48854. (517) 244-1289.