LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Reed City Area Public Schools, is accepting applications for a long term substitute High School Art Teacher for the 2018-2019 School Year, January 21-June 5, 2019. The successful candidate will maintain a positive learning environment, effectively hold high academic expectations, and create a student-centered classroom while building rapport with students, parents, and staff.
The person selected for this position will be the one who offers the best combination of training, experience, and attributes in accordance with the following:
• Hold a valid Michigan Secondary Art (LQ) certification.
• Meet "Highly Qualified" teacher standard of NCLB/ESSA.
• Knowledge of scope and sequence of curriculum.
• Ability to recognize and respond to individual differences.
• Ability to implement a variety of instructional and assessment methods.
• Good classroom management skills and interpersonal skills
• Experience with Google preferred.
• Complete (at applicant’s expense) State-mandated Criminal Background Check.
While the above qualifications are preferred, consideration would be given to someone with a background in art and qualified Aesop/EduStaff Substitute.
- Plan and deliver art instruction using evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Provide and maintain an orderly classroom environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of formative and summative assessment strategies that align with the Michigan Academic Standards and can be used to monitor student achievement and growth.
- Work independently and cooperatively in the teaching mode.
Apply To: Candidates who are qualified and wish to be considered for this position must submit an application that includes a letter of application/resume, Michigan Teaching Certificate, MTTC Scores, and three (3) letters of reference and a copy of your transcripts and credentials with attention to: Dr. Myra Munroe, Reed City Area Public Schools Superintendent by Friday, November 9, 2018.