Math Teacher (9 Grade) - 0.5 FTE
Position: Math Teacher (0.5 FTE - Grade 9)
Location: Howell High School - Freshman Campus
Duration: Ten (10) months
First scheduled teacher report day - last scheduled teacher report day of the school year
· Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with the EX endorsement for high school grade levels.
· Must meet NCLB highly qualified requirements the area of responsibility.
- Comprehend and impart the content of applicable grade level and subject curriculum;
- Communicate with children and adults in a manner that is clear and interactive;
- Speak, hear, see and write clearly, with or without assistive device(s);
- Direct students’ activities and correct student behavior, where necessary;
- Communicate with parents through use of the telephone and email;
- Perform reporting tasks as required, including the production of lesson plans and the issuance of student grade and progress reports;
- Walk/stand for the full scheduled period, with minimal sitting options.
(Note: the teacher may be seated for the full preparations and lunch periods);
- Adhere to all Board and District policies; and
- Other duties assigned in compliance with the HEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Wages: Per the HEA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Deadline: November 8, 2018
Available: November 12, 2018
Apply to: Current HPS employees - forward letter of interest via email
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to:
Liza M. Kelly, J.D., PHR
Executive Director of Labor Relations and Personnel
411 N. Highlander Way, Suite B
Howell, Michigan 48843
External applicants must apply through the HPS website:
Howell Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its educational policies or practices on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, national origin or handicap of any individual. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District. For more information on this posting or employment opportunities with Howell Public Schools, call (517) 568-6241 or visit www.howellschools.com. Applications that are not submitted in the manner stated above shall not be considered.