CUSTODIAN – STANDBY (24 Hours Guaranteed)
TITLE: CUSTODIAN – STANDBY (24 Hours Guaranteed)
- Ability to read basic operating instructions and communicate in writing.
- The applicant must have good health and personal hygiene.
- Excellent communication skills and possess basic computer skills
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Required
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and Maintenance, Operations & Transportation Supervisor and the Building Principal.
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
JOB GOAL: To provide a physical learning environment that is at once safe, clean and smoothly functioning for students and the community
- Communicates with the O&M Director, Operations Supervisor or Administrative Assistant to receive assignments for the day. If no one has called in an absence for the day, standby custodians may be sent to any buildings for extra support.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of an assigned area of a building in accordance with the O&M personnel handbook.
- Ensures all doors, windows are operational and locked and building alarm is set at the end of the shift if applicable.
- Performs cleaning tasks as designated by work schedule, the Director of Operations & Maintenance, Operations Supervisor, Head Custodian or Assistant Head Custodian.
- Maintains a harmonious working relationship with building staff, students/parents and general public.
- Must wear assigned uniform at all times and maintain personal hygiene.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Director of Operations and Maintenance, Operations & Transportation Supervisor, Building Principal and/or Head or Assistant Head Custodian may assign.
- Follows all rules, regulations and safety procedures in accordance with the O&M personnel handbook and O&M safety handbook. Required to follow all applicable laws pertaining to Schools and School property.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 24 hour work week can be a combination of any work days of the week, 2:30 pm to 11:00pm shift for all sites. The position may work more than 24 hours a week as needed. Guaranteed positions will be rotated among active substitute custodians.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Director of Operations and Maintenance or his designee.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 9/25/18