Student Advocate (Full-time, hourly paid position with benefits)
24218 Garner St
Southfield, MI 48033
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for providing guidance and advocacy to students to ensure they meet academic and behavioral requirements to move the next grade level. Responsibilities include linking students and their families to school and community resources, monitoring attendance and discipline, communicating with administration, counselors, students, and families. Responsible for providing safety and security for all students and families. Restorative Justice Process approach will be used to focus on repairing harm through inclusive processes that engage all stakeholders. Restorative Justice shifts the focus of discipline from punishment to learning and from the individual to the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicates accurately and timely with students and their families to ensure a continuous school-family partnership exists.
2. Evaluate student progress including attendance, academic, and behavioral data.
3. Coordinate with community partners to build resources.
4. Makes home visits to obtain information about students.
5. Keep accurate records of student, parent, staff, and community contacts.
6. Participate in stakeholder conferences to develop student action plans.
7. Assist with the supervision of students during instructional and non-instructional time.
8. Supports a positive school climate while interacting with students, families, staff and community members.
9. Maintain confidentiality when dealing with students, families, staff, and community members.
10. Perform moderate to extensive physical activity including frequent standing or walking.
11. Facilitate social and emotional growth with students.
12. Improve professional competence through professional development.
13. Participate in staff meetings at both site and district levels.
14. Support students in creating safe and secure choices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
To apply, please visit: http://www.applitrack.com/choice/onlineapp.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Choice Schools Associates LLC is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. EEOC