SPECIAL EDUCATION DATA SUPERVISOR
TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION DATA SUPERVISOR
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in Computer Information Systems or at least 4 years of successful applicable work experience.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Help Desk experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of special education web-based management system (Tienet) desirable.
REPORTS TO: Special Education Director
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistant I – Special Education
JOB GOAL: Is responsible for all special education reporting and data, which includes responsibility for the Tienet system, Medicaid, district IEPS, staff pool inventory, multiple count days, and pupil accounting/accurate FTE weighting.
- Analyze, monitor, and revise as needed, special education reporting systems and procedures.
- Evaluate current special education pupil reporting systems and develop recommendations for increased workflow and protocol improvement.
- Train building level Administrative Assistants to ensure that student information is accurate, correctly transmitted to PowerSchool, and properly integrated with Tienet.
- Train building level Administrative Assistants regarding enrollment procedures for special education students.
- Train, supervise and evaluate Administrative Assistant I – Special Education – Administration Building regarding access to, and maintaining confidentiality of, special education records.
- Train, supervise and evaluate Administrative Assistant I – Special Education – Administration Building. (This bullet could be combined).
- Serve as district liaison for Tienet with MISD special education personnel and attend all liaison meetings either online or in person.
- Generate/maintain staff profiles and assign staff to security groups
- Generate/maintain location profiles and monitor/maintain instructional minutes in location profiles for all buildings.
- Generate/maintain student profiles.
- Monitor audit logs regularly.
- Provide first-level Tienet support to staff within district (access and data issues, creation of documents, resetting of passwords, etc.)
- Edit data in student profile that is not flowing from documents, and report flowing issues to MISD Special Education Help Desk.
- Monitor and maintain teacher / ancillary staff caseloads.
- Review errors and correct prior to each count day (state & federal counts).
- Generate caseload count day reports, distribute to caseload teacher, and verify accuracy that directly impacts state and local funding.
- Communicate with schools that share students with Fraser, verifying and agreeing on FTEs.
- Coordinate pupil accounting FTE discrepancies; work closely with PowerSchool liaison.
- Create special education student accounting and compliance reports.
- Run weekly/monthly diagnostic reports to maintain clean database.
- Monitor IEP compliance dates, keep track of invitation dates, etc. and notify staff of upcoming compliance due dates.
- Print/process all IEP invitations, REEDs and other documents district-wide.
- Review IEPs, METs, etc. before finalization. Communicate with staff regarding any errors that need correcting. Submit error-free IEPs for finalization.
- Review finalized IEPs by verifying that appropriate information on the document has correctly updated the student's profile.
- Scan and attach documents (TSD, Consent, REED, etc.) to students and notify appropriate staff when these documents are received and loaded into Tienet via messenger (Tienet).
- Import general education students into Tienet for initial referrals and previous enrolled students.
- Create a profile in Tienet for all new students (initials and transfer students). Notify staff when student is in so they can begin creating documents.
- Responsible for keeping information concerning students/staff/parents confidential.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 11-month position.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Director Special Education.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Revision Date: 9/28/2018