Special Education Aide - Substitute - Non Union/No Benefits $10.68/hr - District Wide
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION AIDE - SUBSTITUTE
- High school diploma.
- Experience with special needs students who have medical issues.
- Ability to navigate the classroom, school building, steps of a bus.
- Good fine and gross motor skills.
- Previous experience with special education students
- Understanding of disabilities such as learning disabled, language impairment, Autism, Otherwise Health Impaired, etc.
- No physical limitations that would prevent the individual from being capable of performing emergency safety interventions and/or child restraints when needed.
- Demonstrate an even temper, calm demeanor and an abundance of patience.
- Must have (or secure within the first school year) CPI certification.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computers and specific assistive technology devices and software.
REPORTS TO: Director Special Education
JOB GOAL: Assist children as needed.
- Assist students in loading and unloading from busses or transporting to other classes.
- Possess a positive, flexible, and professional demeanor with good organizational skills.
- Enjoy working with students in providing personal and instructional assistance with a caring attitude.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students and staff.
- Complements teacher instruction by assisting student with their lessons.
- Supplements classroom instruction by working with student on follow-up activities specified or designed by the teacher.
- Assists teachers with the production of materials to be used in the delivery of student lessons or activities.
- Assisting with classroom academics and center activities.
- Help teacher prepare materials for instruction, visual aids, decorating, organizing, etc.
- Support and work with students in large group to allow teacher to work individually with a student.
- Helps students who may be having difficulty in understanding or in keeping up with general ed. curriculum.
- Works with individuals or small groups of students on follow-up activities specified by the teacher.
- Helps to enforce classroom management program under the direction of the teacher.
- Proactive prevention of behavior problems.
- Facilitate social relationships of students with peers.
- Monitor behavior interventions and be familiar with (and implement) students behavior intervention plan.
- Support students with academic skills.
- Ability to be flexible and follow directions from the student’s team.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Must attend District provided training specific to the student’s medical impairment. On an as needed basis.
EVALUATION: Participate in & accept annual performance reviews.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 09/25/18