Special Education Supervisor/Director
Special Education Supervisor/Director (Up to 1.0)
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Salary Range: Annual Salary of $60,000 to $75,000
- A master’s degree or higher
- Full MDE approval in at least one area of special education
- Three years of successful experience in special education
- Twelve semester or equivalent hours of graduate credit in a college or university whose program has been approved by the state board of education. Graduate credit shall be distributed appropriately to assure knowledge and competency as related to special education in all of the following areas:
- Curriculum and instruction.
- Administrative procedures.
- Personnel supervision and evaluation.
- Communication skills.
- Leadership of professional development.
- Facilitation of effective instruction.
- Data-based program improvement.
- School law and policy.
- Parental and family collaboration.
- Verification from a college or university approved for the preparation of special education supervisors
- A master's degree or higher.
- Full MDE approval in at least 1 area of special education.
- Three years of successful professional practice or administrative experience in special education, or a combination of practice and experience.
- Verification from a college or university approved for the preparation of special education directors.
- Thirty semester or equivalent hours of graduate credit and a successful 200-clock-hour practicum in special education administration. Graduate credit shall be earned in a college or university whose program has been approved by the state board of education and shall be distributed appropriately to assure knowledge and competency as related to special education in all of the following areas:
- Program development and evaluation.
- Personnel staffing, supervision, and evaluation.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Leadership of professional development.
- Budget development and fiscal reporting.
- Fostering parental, family, and community involvement.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Dispute resolution.
- Data-based decision-making.
- Conflict management.
- Legal and ethical issues.
Three Rivers Community Schools is seeking a dynamic and competent instructional leader in the area of special education. This position will serve early childhood thru 12th grade students and staff in the capacity of a Special Education Supervisor/Director. The ideal candidate has leadership experience in special education and has completed an administrative certification program with an emphasis in special education leadership.
The individual is expected to be the primary Pre K-12 school contact related to special education issues and the main point of contact related to programming and processes. This individual will join a dynamic team who is committed to meeting the needs of all children and will work relentlessly to improve student achievement of students in need of special education services. They need to be able to build the capacity of our instructional staff.
Understand the role of the MTSS model and be able to articulate a leading special education program. This will require coaching, communication, and continuous dialogue around the model to develop a shared and common understanding among all parties: teachers, parents, administrators, support staff, intervention staff, and students. This individual should have a strong capacity to interact with data not only from the special education perspective, but from other stakeholders as well. This position requires the interaction with and dissemination of assessment data at many levels and full knowledge and understanding of special education rules & regulations.
- Instructional opportunities that support and promote special education students success in the general education setting.
- Provide guidance to schools regarding instructional practices that establish appropriate accommodations and education environments for special education students.
- Intervention and consultation.
- Behavioral and mental health supports
- Assessment and interpretation
- Data collection and analysis
- School-family-community collaboration, develop special education parent advisory committee
- Understanding disabilities and the support required to assist students with disabilities
- Understanding of and adherence to legal and ethical standards
Interested applicants may apply at https://www.applitrack.com/sjcisd/onlineapp/default.aspx?choosedistrict=...