Secondary Spanish Teacher at Springfield Middle School
Position: Secondary Spanish Teacher
Location: Springfield Middle School
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with endorsement in secondary Spanish (FF) is required; grades 6-12.
- Documented proof of ability to meet requirements for teaching in a secondary foreign language classroom.
- Demonstrated excellence as an elementary classroom teacher.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- A high level of commitment to working within a culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse environment.
- Relationship builder.
- High expectations of self and a commitment to continuous improvement of professional practice.
- High expectations of students coupled with the ability to inspire and support students as they meet those expectations.
- A defined moral purpose that drives daily efforts on behalf of students.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn and apply behavioral and academic RTI models.
- A willingness to fully participate in and contribute to a professional learning community.
- A positive attitude.
- A high level of perseverance and professional will.
- A strong belief in the individual worth of all students.
- A desire to teach life lessons that go beyond the textbook and classroom walls.
- A readiness to develop and apply a variety of best practices in the classroom, especially in the areas of instruction and classroom management.
Salary Range: Per BCEA negotiated salary schedule
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $69.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.