School Social Worker - Elementary
TITLE: School Social Worker - Elementary
- Master’s degree from Accredited University in School Social Work required.
- Full approval or able to attain temporary approval as a School Social Worker required.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education and/or Building Administrator
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
JOB GOAL: To help students and their families resolve personal, emotional, and social problems that interfere with their adjustment to school and their capacity to fully benefit from the education experience.
- Provide consultation, collaboration, and advisement services to students, their families, and school staff regarding the students’ social, emotional, and behavioral status that impacts school success.
- Implement school social work services within a multi-tiered intervention model.
- Provide effective behavior intervention strategies and techniques.
- Develop functional behavior assessments and written behavior intervention plans.
- Provide crisis prevention, and intervention services including assessments of the impact of trauma on school performance.
- Utilize multiple methods of collecting data, and provide measureable goals for intervention.
- Provide and interpret assessments and evaluations to determine eligibility for special education programs and services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Education
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
EVALUATION: The Director of Special Education and/or his designee will evaluate Performance of this job annually.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 12/2/2015