1.0 Spanish Teacher (Elementary)
The Spanish Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with SPS policies, goals and objectives. This position is for the 2018-19 school year.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
Applicant must apply online by visiting the Job Openings-External section of the Southfield Public Schools website at www.southfieldk12.org or by visiting the Applicant Central site directly at https://hr.southfieldk12.org/Login.aspx . All submissions should include your name and contact information (phone number and/or email address). FAX, MAIL, AND EMAIL DOCUMENTS NOT ACCEPTED.
SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATEMENT OF NON DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Southfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator-Vickie Hall, JWE Administrative Center, 24661 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI 48033, 248/746-8987; Title II & Title IX Coordinator-Derrick Lopez, JWE Administrative Center, 24661 Lahser Rd., Southfield MI 48033, 248/746-8580; Section 504 Coordinator-Alise Collier-Vaughn, 24661 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI 48033, 248/746-4338.