FARWELL AREA SCHOOLS
Title: Business Manager
Posting Date: July 19, 2018
Reports To: Superintendent
Salary and Employment Status: Commensurate with experience.
230 day annual contract.
- A minimum requirement of a Bachelor Degree in accounting or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in a school district.
- Knowledge of fund accounting, FID, special education cost reporting, and MEIS/MEGs applications in addition to state and federal grant fund reporting.
- Experience with computerized accounting, including SDS financial software and several other computer applications such as Excel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, especially as they pertain to areas of school accounting, budgeting, bidding, purchasing, reporting and cash management.
- Experience in labor relations and contract administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management and responsibility for all financial affairs of the school district.
- Calculate the debt levy and manage the property taxes for truth-in-taxation and budget hearing.
- Responsible for budgeting and all long-term financial planning.
- Supervision of all business office functions including payroll, purchasing, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Complete quarterly and annual payroll reporting including, but not limited to, 941, Medicaid AOP quarterly financial reports, W-2 forms and 1099-INT.
- Serve as the district’s human resource liaison performing functions such as filing workman’s compensation claims and unemployment and general liability insurance claims in addition to tracking FMLA and sending appropriate notices.
- Responsible for employee benefits and open enrollment for insurance in addition to maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations as it pertains to benefits.
- Assist with labor negotiations.
- Maintain an accurate cash management system including responsibility for annual school borrowing procedures and monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Responsible for all functions as it pertains to the annual school audit.
- Compliance with all state and federal regulations related to public schools.
- Assist administration with grant writing and solely responsible for federal cash draws and final expenditure reporting as it relates to federal grants. Also, serves as the district’s Level 5 Administrator for all federal grant reports, educational entity master, meal claim submissions and formal request for purchasing bids.
- Maintain a system of internal controls for all financial functions of the district.
- Attend board meetings and communicate financial status report and/or current budget information as required by the board of education and/or finance committee.
- Direct supervision of two employees and assist with oversight of Maintenance, Transportation and Food Service operations of the school district.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Apply To: Tom House, Acting Superintendent
Farwell Area Schools
399 E Michigan
Farwell, MI 48622
Submit cover letter, resume, and references.
Deadline: August 13, 2018