Technical Assistance Provider
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Student Support Services, the Technical Assistance Provider is responsible for planning and implementing activities and requirements for special education compliance and technical assistance with the Intermediate School District and its constituent districts. The Technical Assistance Provider also supports local districts, public school academies, ISD programs and community agencies via a collaborative consultation model.
- Provide leadership to ensure that Ingham ISD as well as the LEA’s develop systems to build comprehensive assessment, planning, programs and services utilizing research-based practices
- Coordinate projects, training and resources available through the Michigan Department of Education to serve the needs of Ingham ISD and its constituent districts.
- Work cooperatively with the Michigan Department of Education Office of Special Education Services to resolve issues, complaints and ensure compliance of local school districts and public school academies, facilitate and support the implementation of mandatory monitoring procedures and continuous improvement efforts within Ingham ISD and its constituent districts with Federal and state regulations related to students with disabilities.
- Coordinate the review and submission of the Ingham ISD plan for delivery of special education programs and services; make recommendations for revisions to the plan as necessary.
- Work to implement the duties and functions detailed in the Enhancing Outcomes for Students with Disabilities (EOSD) grant.
- Develop and implement standard operational procedures on a continuous improvement basis to increase operating quality and efficiency and conduct staff training on implementation of procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to parents, local school personnel, Ingham ISD personnel, and external agencies in interpretation and implementation of special education mandates and requirements.
- Provides technical assistance and support to professional staff in areas such as personal curriculums, compliance, monitoring, problem solving, and professional relations with parents, local districts, ISD and community staff/administrators.
- Maintains current knowledge in the fields of special education and general education.
- Design and conduct professional learning and develop technical assistance tools within identified focus areas.
- Work collaboratively within assigned teams from Student Instructional and/or Support Services at the ISD to identify, design, manage, evaluate and assess products and services.