Director of Special Education and Special Services
Summary of Duties
Responsible for district wide special education programming and compliance assurance
- Master’s Degree
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with Special Education endorsement
- Approval or eligible for approval as Director of Special Education from the Michigan Department of Education
- Responsible for all special education programming and compliance issues as well as all district 504s, at risk section 31A, and ESL programs
- Three years teaching experience in Special Education
- Proven leadership in initiating and implementing change in areas of special education
- Experience with Inclusion, Autism, Teaming and Differentiated instruction
- Evidence of active participation and leadership in professional learning activities and at professional conferences
- Experience in School Improvement Process and State accountability reporting
- Knowledge of State and Federal special education programs
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills
Duties to Begin
August 13, 2018
To be determined based on experience.
Internal: July 9, 2018; 4:00 p.m.
External: July 12, 2018; 4:00 p.m.