High School Assistant Principal
Okemos High School
Assistant Principal – 100%
Responsible for providing assistance to the Principal in the administration of the total school program. Responsible for day-to-day building administration and the safety and welfare of both students and staff. Assists with establishing a safe, pleasant and effective educational atmosphere, provides discipline as necessary and enforces school policy.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching or equivalent experience required
- Valid teaching certificate/license, qualify for administrative certification
- Master’s degree preferred
- Secondary experience preferred
- Assists with establishing a safe, pleasant and effective educational atmosphere, provides discipline as necessary and enforces school policy.
- Familiarity with intervention processes and strategies, specifically for at-risk students and their families
- Assists the principal in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of the performance of school personnel.
- Ability to provide instructional leadership.
- Understanding of best practice and research-based interventions
- Interprets student achievement data and works with school staff to utilize the data to inform instruction.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with parents/guardians, parent groups, school volunteers, and outside agencies.
- Administers student discipline program, while incorporating educational components in order to be proactive in meeting the needs of students.
- Assists with registration and scheduling.
- Supervises extra-curricular activities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish positive and respectful relationships with a diverse student population.
Reports to: Okemos High School Principal
Pay Scale: Determined by the Master Agreement
Send a letter of interest and resume to:
Cheri Meier, Assistant Superintendent – HR, 4406 N. Okemos Road, Okemos, MI 48864
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 12, 2018
Full job description available upon request