MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
JOB GOAL: To plan and supervise the construction, care and maintenance of all school buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree of Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a director of buildings and grounds.
REPORTS TO: The Superintendent
- Supervises the work of all maintenance and grounds personnel.
- Supervises the work of all custodial personnel in cooperation with building principals.
- Plans and schedules all maintenance and grounds work.
- Prepares written specifications for bidding contracted work.
- Inspects all contracted work and purchased equipment and, if satisfactory, approves for payment.
- Orders and evaluates all materials used for maintenance, grounds, and custodial work.
- Maintains current files and records of building plans and specifications.
- Establishes and maintains a program of preventative maintenance.
- Participates in the planning for construction or renovation of school facilities.
- Reviews construction plans and makes recommendations of a structural mechanical, maintenance and operational nature.
- Serves as clerk of the works and provides coordination between and among the architect, contractors and the school administration.
- Prepares progress reports on construction, renovation, maintenance and custodial work.
- Makes studies and prepares cost estimates for all maintenance and operation budget areas.
- Supervises the operation of the district's telephone and communication systems.
- Provides pick-up, cartage, and delivery services within and without the school district.
- Recommends and supervises approved systems and procedures for the protection and preservation of the school district's property and equipment.
- Supervises the rental and public use of all school properties.
- Assumes such other related duties as may be assigned.
STATEMENT OF NON‑DISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of the Reed City Area Public School District that no person shall on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, or handicap be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities.
CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK
In accordance with state law and board policy, no person shall be hired to work in contact with children prior to being fingerprinted and passing a criminal records review.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Employment Dates: 2018-19 School Year, 260 days/52 weeks
Salary: Based on experience
Apply To: Candidates who are qualified and wish to be considered for this position must submit an application that includes a letter of application/resume, three (3) letters of reference, a copy of your transcripts with attention to: Dr. Myra Munroe, Superintendent
Reed City Area Public Schools
225 W. Church Avenue, Ste. A
Reed City, MI 49677