ASSISTANT HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Assistant High School Principal and Athletic Director
Reed City Area Public Schools is accepting applications for a dynamic, energetic responsive Assistant Principal/Athletic Director who will be able ignite passion, fuel dreams and provide a responsive education for every student at Reed City High Schools. The effective Assistant Principal shares the leadership responsibility for the collective success of their school, including the learning, growth and achievement of both students and staff. As one of the school's' primary instructional leaders, the Assistant Principal promotes critical conversations and data-driven reflection about curriculum, assessment, instruction and student progress and create structures to facilitate improvement. The Assistant Principal models best practices, engage stakeholders, and create a culture of high expectations.
- Possess a Master’s degree from an accredited institution with emphasis in educational leadership, school administration and/or curriculum
- Possess a Michigan Teaching Certificate
- Possess a Michigan Administrator Certificate
- Experience and knowledge in developing a master schedule.
- High level of skills in leadership and communication.
- Knowledge of secondary curriculum and instructional practices.
- Successful administrative experience at the secondary level desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to lead and work in teams.
- Passion for working with youth, families, and staff.
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills supporting a team approach to education.
- Eagerness to approach problems from new and different perspectives.
- Ability to collect and use data to drive improvement.
- Willingness to be active, visible, and engaged in the school and community.
- Growth mindset focused on constructive interactions.
- Consistency, caring, and firmness in interactions with students and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with teachers and other staff members to implement practices that improve student learning and achievement.
- Create a collective sense of responsibility for school improvement through joint planning and efforts to involve stakeholders in key aspects of the school’s work.
- Observing and evaluate staff performance.
- Promote the professional growth of each staff member.
- Supervise student behavior and school activities.
- Demonstrate creativity and imagination in bringing about positive change.
- Work collaboratively with other district administrators.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Apply To: Candidates who are qualified and wish to be considered for this position must submit an application that includes a letter of application/resume, three (3) letters of reference, a copy of your transcripts, Administrative and Michigan Teaching Certificate with attention to:
Dr. Myra Munroe, Superintendent
Reed City Area Public Schools
225 W. Church Avenue, Suite A
Reed City, MI 49677
Applications accepted until July 2, 2018, or until filled.