GSRP Pre-School Associate Teacher
GSRP Pre-School Associate teacher for the daVinci Primary School, 35 - 40 hours per week for the 2018-2019 school year. Please e-mail cover letter, resume, college transcripts and references to Dave.Averill@davincik12.org.
Deadline: Resumes must be received by July 16, 2018
Preferred Education Requirement: Associate's degree in Early Childhood, Preschool Education, or Child Development required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the ongoing program evaluation using the Program Quality Assessment (PQA).
- Aid in creating meaningful program quality improvement goals and objectives using the PQA.
- Support in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the classroom program and child assessment.
- Provide instruction and overall care for a specific group of children.
- Collaborate with the teaching staff to create meaningful child development goals.
- Help in the daily operation of the program including certain clerical and record keeping duties.
- Assist in the development and implementation of interesting, stimulating, and challenging indoor and outdoor daily activities.
- Establish positive relationships with parents, staff and the community.
- Attend (with lead teacher) (2) home visits and (2) parent/teacher conferences annually for every child and family.
- Participate in professional development.
- Follow and implement the policies and procedures of the Great Start Readiness Program grant.
- Follow and implement the policies and procedures of the Department of Human Services Licensing Guidelines.
- Ensure and carry out daily/weekly housekeeping chores for the classroom licensing requirements.
- Interact with the children in a way which conveys respect and nurturing.
- Support the social and emotional development of children.
- It will be the associate teacher's responsibility to play with children; this will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be willing and able to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification and maintain certification.
Attend Blood Borne Pathogen class.
Have acceptable tuberculosis results.
A clear criminal records check.
Have an initial physical health examination.
Complete (24) hours of annual training provided in and outside of the program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Associate's degree in Early Childhood, Preschool Education, or Child Development required.