Assistant Principal of Genesee Career Institute
The Assistant Principal supports the building principal in the overall administration, supervision and implementation of career-technical programs and support services for students attending the Genesee Career Institute. The Assistant Principal assists with the development of student/staff schedules and coordination of programs/activities. Responsible for student support and discipline. Responsible for student achievement. Assists with the recruitment and selection of center staff in accordance with intermediate school district employment procedures. Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff. Provides on-going communication to parents, guardians, caregivers and counselors. Demonstrates the ability to partner with post-secondary institutions to develop and implement strong articulation agreements. Is the primary contact with local education agency counselors. Serves as a member of the Career-Technical Education advisory group.
One (1) full-time position available; 37.5 hours per week.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Non-union, at-will position.
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance after one full day of employment.Employees shall be subject to the co-payment of health care costs in accordance with state law.
Master's degree required. Valid Michigan teacher certificate required with full vocational preferred. Valid Michigan secondary administrator certificate required.
Five years of documented successful experience managing student services required.
External applications accepted until the position is filled.
For questions regarding job description, please call Human Resources at (810) 591-4404.
- All candidates should complete the online application and upload a resume at http://www.geneseeisd.org/ by selecting the job postings link.
- If you have access to a scanner, upload a copy of the required educational documentation.
- Transcripts printed from the Internet are not acceptable.
- If you do not have access to a scanner, plan to bring this documentation if you are selected to interview.
- Please do not send paper documentation to Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer