Business Teacher – .5 FTE
TITLE: Business Teacher – .5 FTE
- Must have an active teacher certificate:
- Must possess at least one of the following: Standard CTE Certificate, Professional CTE Certificate, or be eligible for an Annual CTE Authorization.
- Must possess GQ, GX, VM, or VB endorsement.
- Proven experience in teaching Accounting/MS Office/Personal Law preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
REPORTS TO: FHS Principal
SUPERVISES: All Students
JOB GOAL: To lead all students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and psychological growth and maturation.
- Plans and prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved, and the physical limitations of the location provided.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals, objectives, and content, as outlined in the appropriate course of study.*
- Diagnoses student and class educational needs.*
- Plans instructional goals, objectives, and methods and cooperates with other members of the staff in achieving these aims.*
- Evaluates student and class progress on a regular basis.*
- Develops, organizes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Establishes and maintains standards of classroom behavior, as approved by the Building Principal.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.*
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.*
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board of Education policy.*
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes during and outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so.*
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all students.*
- Provides for their own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of high learning.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Building Principal may assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 2018-2019 School Year
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
SALARY: In accordance with the negotiated contract.
EVALUATION: In accordance with the State of Michigan laws and policies.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
*Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 05/29/18