May 23, 2018
POSITION: OAKRIDGE LOWER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Oakridge Public Schools is seeking to employ an innovative building principal for Oakridge Lower Elementary School that has a genuine passion for serving our kids, staff, and community. It is essential for the leader to have a track record of building high functioning teams, developing trusting relationships, and appreciating those contributing to our successes.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or equivalent (as determined by Employer)
- Possess a valid Michigan Administrator Base Certificate.
- Minimum of three to five years of demonstrated successful teaching experience.
- Prefer advanced professional development and understanding of K-3 matters/initiatives pertaining to balanced assessment of student academic growth, Common Core State Standards, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support Systems, technology integration, and reading/writing literacy.
- Demonstrated successful prior leadership experience in building or District level initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful school improvement planning including strong use of data to monitor student growth, inform instruction, and develop intervention systems.
- Demonstrated successful prior leadership experience in engaging students, staff, parents, and community in building a positive culture with high expectations, pride, and respect.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing a consistent, caring, fair, and firm student behavior management program integrating restorative practices.
- Demonstrated strong building management skills balanced with strong instructional leadership and relational capacity skills.
- Prefer demonstrated successful prior leadership for personnel, instructional program planning, research, and teacher evaluation.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education as per Board of Education Policy and administrative guidelines
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
STARTING DATE: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
To be considered as a candidate, you must submit an online application by the deadline by going to www.oakridgeschools.org and clicking on Job Opportunities under Quick Links.