High School Science - Physics
NOTICE OF VACANCY
May 14, 2018
POSITION TITLE: Science / Physics Teacher – Ovid-Elsie High School
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certification, DX, DI, DE or DP endorsement to teach secondary Physics
- Additional certification(s) to teach other Science(s) or Math preferred
- Must meet Highly Qualified requirements as defined by the Michigan Department of Education
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
- Provide Science / Physics education for Ovid-Elsie High School Students.
- Desire for future AP Physics courses.
- Knowledge of the new Michigan Science Standards / NGSS.
- Instructional planning for the classroom and delivery or direction of instructional activities.
- Provide opportunities for individualized and small group instruction adapting the curriculum to
- the needs of each student.
- Establish and maintain standards of the student behavior needed to provide an orderly,
- productive classroom environment.
- Develop, provide, and utilize instructional plans, strategies, methods, materials and techniques
- that best meet the needs of students.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with parents, both in writing and verbally.
- Participate as part of a work team and work effectively with colleagues.
- Adhere to all building and district policies regarding attendance business procedures, safety,
- professionalism, and personal appearance.
- Maintain student records, student achievement, and attendance using district approved
- technology, maintain confidentiality.
- Understand the 5D evaluation rubric.
- Utilize data and the process of how to use a Student Learning Objective.
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Per Ovid-Elsie Education Association Master Agreement
TO APPLY: Interested persons should send resume and credentials to:
Dr. Ryan Cunningham
Ovid-Elsie Area Schools
8989 E. Colony Rd.
Elsie, MI 48831
DEADLINE: Until vacancy is filled.