OVID-ELSIE AREA SCHOOLS – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
SECONDARY GUIDANCE COUNSELING
Ovid-Elsie Area Schools seeks a highly qualified candidate to facilitate guidance and counseling related services and programs related to individual students needs including, but not limited to:
● Academic, personal, and college counseling for individuals and groups, as needed;
● Monitoring student progress both academically and socially;
● Develop and maintain student educational plans;
● Vocational, college and career-pathway planning;
● Testing and interpreting test results for placement and advisement;
● Coordination of social work and psychiatric services for high risk students;
● Communications with staff, administration and parents/guardians on an as needed basis;
● Crisis intervention and referrals, as needed;
● Departmental collaboration;
One (1) full-time secondary position.
Salary Schedule commensurate with degree and experience as established by the most recent collective bargaining agreement.
Health, dental, vision, life and disability. Employees may be required to share the cost associated with health care in accordance with state law.
Michigan School Guidance Counselor License (SCL) or valid Michigan teacher certificate with an endorsement in guidance and counseling (NT) required; secondary level teacher certificate preferred.
This position will report to the High School Principal.
Deadline: May 16, 2018
Send letter of interest, resume and credentials to:
Dr. Ryan L. Cunningham, Superintendent
Ovid-Elsie Area Schools
8989 E. Colony Rd.
Elsie, MI 48831
OVID-ELSIE AREA SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER