Competency-Based Education Support Specialist
Kenowa Hills Public Schools in Grand Rapids, Michigan is searching for an innovative and energetic candidate to lead our district in the new and exciting role of Competency-Based Education Support Specialist. If you have a growth mindset, love to collaborate, embrace change, and most importantly have a drive to assure student success, this may be the position for you.
Purpose of the Position
The competency-based education (CBE) specialist will provide ongoing and consistent professional development to the Kenowa Hills Public Schools instructional and leadership staff. In addition, the CBE specialist will work the leadership and school improvement teams to refine and implement district and building-level CBE strategic action plans.
- Identify and coordinate professional development opportunities for staff that align with building and district strategic CBE strategic implementation plans.
- Lead, develop, implement a process to identify K-12 vertically and horizontally aligned competencies.
- Research and support conversations about the development of a 21st Century High School transcript, including social-emotional learning (SEL) competencies and micro-credentials.
- Research and support conversations about alternative scheduling models that better meet the needs of all learners.
- Develop and implement professional learning for teaching and leadership staff surrounding balanced assessment practices experiences that authentically measure students’ progress on K-12 competencies.
- Participate in Classroom Learning Labs, Instructional Rounds, School Improvement Teams, and Strategic Planning.
- Collaborate with the Technology Department in supporting the district’s Learning Management System.
- Plan and deliver parent trainings and events surrounding CBE.
- At least five years of highly impactful teaching experience with a preference for experiences in a competency-based education (CBE) learning community.
- A master’s degree with an emphasis in curriculum, instruction, or leadership.
- A growth mindset for continuous learning with the ability to embrace change and share personal learnings with others.
- Solutions driven - a demonstrated ability to develop stakeholders’ ownership in processes.
- Clear and candid communication - skills include clarity, credibility, respect, and candor.
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, with a track record of implementing new initiatives with successful outcomes.
Email letter of interest, resume, copy of certification(s), transcripts and at least three letters of recommendations to Dr. Mike Burde, Assistant Superintendent at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 18, 2018.