Girls Cross Country Head Coach
Head Coach – Girls Cross Country Team
• Ideal candidates will have the proven ability to communicate effectively, organize and implement a successful program.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the educational mission of Powers Catholic High School.
• Provide leadership and mentoring in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
• Observe students during practice and at contests at all times. Manage student behavior and safety during and after all activity sessions.
• Organize team building activities including but not limited to Community Service Projects and attending mass as a team.
• Works to form young people, help them come to know and love Jesus, to be ready and able to share the good news of the Gospel.
• Plan practice programs to promote the development of student's physical attributes and social skills.
• Provide skill development and create opportunities for youth partner programs.
• Understands, explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
• Confers with students, parents, and school counselor to resolve student problems.
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Overseeing the safety conditions of the facility/area in which assigned activity/event is conducted at all times, especially, when students are present.
• Promote the school, represent the faith, and uphold the proud Powers Catholic tradition.
• Coaching Experience Preferred
• Understanding of the game’s rules and regulations
• Basic Background Check will be conducted
• Complete Diocese of Lansing Virtus Training upon hire
Applicants must send cover letter and resume to Powers Catholic High School to the attention of Brian Sheeran. Resumes will be accepted via email, fax or direct mail until position is filled.
Thank you for your interest.
Powers Catholic High School
1505 W. Court Street
Flint, MI 48503