1.0 FTE Student Support Services/Social Worker
1. Must hold Master's degree in Social Work.
2. Full approval by the State Board of Education and licensed as a School Social Worker.
3. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with young children, parents, families, and inter-agency representatives.
4. Ability to coordinate with outside agencies, organizations and institutions, as needed
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Ability to provide direct individual and group support with students.
7. Demonstrated capabilities in report writing, evaluation and interview procedures.
8. Ability to complete required documentation and data collection.
9. Ability to organize and work collaboratively with general education and special education teachers/staff.
10. Knowledge of Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA) and Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE).
11. Ability to assist in developing, implementing and monitoring behavior management plans.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION. It is the policy of L’Anse Creuse Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight or marital status in its programs, services, activities, or employment. Inquiries related to nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: Civil Rights Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools Administration, 24076 F.V. Pankow Boulevard, Clinton Township, MI 48036, (586) 783-6300. Nondiscrimination inquiries related to disability should be directed to: Section 504 Coordinator, Director for Special Education, (586) 783-6500.
All applicants must apply using our on-line application system and submit for review on or before deadline date and time.