Internal/External Posting – Dated: January 5, 2018
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Director of Finance and in compliance with established policies, procedures and practices, the Accounting Supervisor performs a variety of assigned tasks and special projects to support the Allen Park Public Schools’ Business Office functions. Maintains confidential employee information including, but not limited to demographic data, social security numbers, and payroll information. Provides excellent customer service to all individuals and organizations in the performance of job duties.
- Applicants must have at least a high school diploma or GED, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Michigan School Business Officials (MSBO) certification preferred. Must be willing to obtain certificate.
- It is preferred that applicants have at least five years of experience in accounts payables and/or related experiences; related school experience preferred.
- A passionate commitment to working with employees.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal relationships.
- Evidence of ability to establish positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and online database applications.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS: Accounting, Supervision, Benefits Administration, Audit, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Quality Management, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Attention to Detail, General Math Skills
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Director in general financial operations within the Finance Department.
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets accounting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions: program reconciliations.
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements; bank statement reconciliations.
- Approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, authorizing checks and wire transfers.
- Approves ledger entries by auditing transactions.
- Renews business insurance by scheduling values including personal and real property, vehicles, computers, equipment, media, and accounts receivable.
- Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Verifies employee benefit invoices by verifying coverage and costs.
- Protects district’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
Work Year: 52 weeks per year
Salary Range: $44,973 - $54,396 – Salary to commensurate with experience
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision benefits. 20 paid vacation days. Sick/Leave Days.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2018
Internal Applicants: Submit updated resume and letter of interest to Mr. Michael S. Dawson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
External Applicants: Submit application on Wayne RESA Applitrack system: