K-12 General Education Social Worker
Potterville Public Schools K-12 General Education Social Worker
Potterville Public Schools’ enrollment remains steady, and the district recently passed a bond proposal to update all technology in the classrooms, to provide access to one-to-one computing for all K-12 students, and to upgrade district security features for the facilities. The district seeks an innovative and passionate education professional to join our team to continue the forward progress and change the district has undergone in recent years by enhancing the education experience for our students.
- Provide therapeutic intervention services to individuals, groups and families. (i.e. problems of abuse, traumas, loss, etc.)
- Provide support for K-12 students through the district’s Student Support Network.
Essential job functions:
- Provide counsel and assistance to teachers, parents and administrators.
- Coordinate programming for K-12 emotionally impaired students in the district.
- Provide parent education.
- Assist with professional development.
- Assist in accessing appropriate school and community resources/referrals.
- Advocate for the rights of children.
- Support 504 planning and implementation
- Provide council to individual/groups of students in the district.
- Assist with the district crisis intervention team.
- Assist in evaluation, project development and implementation of new educational programs.
- Consult with parents.
- Maintains records as required by policies.
- Recommends appropriate classroom management strategies for behavior management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The desired candidate would possess the following attributes:
- Ability to integrate technology into daily practices.
- Exceptional communication, analysis, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of, or demonstrated training in, PBIS and MTSS initiatives.
- Ability to handle complex and stressful issues or situations with sound judgment, common sense, and a calm demeanor.
- Impeccable character, a good sense of humor, and compassion for elementary, middle and high school students, families, and staff.
- Willingness to undertake extra-curricular assignments.
Eligible candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Masters of Social Work degree.
- Experience with evaluation and programming for “at-risk” students.
- Experience with behavioral intervention strategies.
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with students, staff, parents, and district colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to sustain and improve student achievement outcomes.
- Willingness to contribute to a safe school climate of high expectations and strong collaboration, high staff and student morale, and positive community involvement
- Title: K-12 General Education Social Worker
- Calendar: Teacher calendar of 185 work days
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with the credentials and experience of the candidate, per the current contract with an employee association
- Posting date: December 21, 2017
- Application deadline: January 16, 2018
- Applicants for the position should email the following documents to email@example.com :
- Letter of interest detailing the manner in which the candidate meets the qualifications and desired attributes for the position, addressed to Mr. Michael Nauss.
- A current resume with reference contact information
- Photocopies of all university transcripts
- Photocopies of current Michigan educator certification, if applicable
- Two current (within the last two years) letters of recommendation
- Please attach all documents in one PDF
Questions about the position or the district can be sent to Michael Nauss at: firstname.lastname@example.org