English Teacher Long - Term Sub
POSITION TITLE: Long Term Sub With Potential For Full Time Employment HS English
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 16, 2018
- Proper English teacher certification or able to qualify for certification in the State of Michigan, K-12 BA, BX Certificate preferred, but other certifications are acceptable
- Computer literacy/skills
- History of successful teaching or student teaching
- Ability to work with students, staff, administration, parents and community
- Willingness and ability to supervise and/or coach extra-curricular activities
- Develops and administers Language Arts education curriculum consistent with school's goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in English grammar and syntax, sentence and paragraph structure, composition, vocabulary and proper word usage, word denotations and connotations, creative writing, independent thinking, communication and speaking.
- Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions on a variety of reading materials, including the mass media, and a wide range of literature.
- Works with students and others to prepare materials for inclusion in literary publications, contests, etc.
Applicant should provide a letter of interest, resume, collegiate transcripts, certifications and three letters of recommendation via email to:
Chris Jones, Principal
Blissfield High School
Blissfield Community Schools has a total enrollment of approximately 1200 students. The high school has 25 faculty members and an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Blissfield is located 30 minutes northwest of Toledo, Ohio and 20 minutes southeast of Adrian, Michigan.