Hudsonville Public Schools is seeking a superintendent to succeed Dr. Nicholas Ceglarek, who has served the District for eight years. The Board of Education is being assisted in the search by the Michigan Association of School Boards (MASB).
This is a remarkable opportunity to lead an award-winning school district with enrollment of nearly 6,600 students and more than 1,000 staff members. The mission of Hudsonville Public Schools is to educate, challenge, and inspire all learners to become contributing, responsible members of a global society.
Located in Ottawa County, Hudsonville is the second largest district in Ottawa Area ISD with an Early Childhood Center, eight elementary schools, two middle schools, a freshman campus and Hudsonville High School. The District is unique in that it is large enough to offer a comprehensive academic program and a wide variety of extracurricular activities, while still small enough to provide individual attention and support for students. Noteworthy distinctions include:
- Hudsonville has a 96% graduation rate with 83% of students entering the university setting (either 2 or 4-year institutions)
- U.S. Department of Education National Blue Ribbon Schools
- All Hudsonville Elementary and Middle Schools have been identified as previous MDE Reward Schools
- Hudsonville High School, for three consecutive years, has been identified as one of The Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post and is a previous U.S. News and World Report Top High School nationally
- Two Michigan Schools to Watch™ Middle Schools (Baldwin Middle School and Riley Middle School)
- 88% of students surveyed in 2017 reported that they were involved in an extra-curricular activity
Board of Education
Kenneth Hall, President
Mark Davis, Vice President
Dawn L. Sneden, Secretary
Larry J. Kapenga, Assistant Secretary/Treasurer
Steve Bowerman, Treasurer
Chad Tuttle, Trustee
Michael Ostrander, Trustee
Salary and Contract Information
The Board will offer a comprehensive, multi-year contract. Compensation will be commensurate with experience of the successful candidate and requirements of the position.
February 16, 2018
Selection of candidates to interview
February 26, 2018
First round interviews
March 5/6, 2018
March 12, 13 and/or 15, 2018
Possible Site Visit to Candidate(s) District
Possible Board Decision Date
March 26, 2018
Alternate Board Decision Date
April 12, 2018
July 1, 2018
Qualified candidates should complete and submit an online application found at http://www.masb.org/education-careers.aspx
No “hard copy,” fax or emailed copies accepted. IF requested by the candidate, materials will be treated confidentially through the screening process. Candidate names will become public at the time an interview is scheduled.
Questions regarding the search may be directed to Denny Patzer, Consultant, Michigan Association of School Boards, at 269.207.7220 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Donna Oser, Director, Executive Search Services at 517.420.7637 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday, February 16, 2018