Special Education ASD Paraeducator
SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL
The Oak Park School District has (1) one ASD Special Education Paraprofessional opening available at Key Elementary School, for the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Must possess one of the following: Associates degree, 60 credit hours from accrediting college, passed the Paraprofessional Assessment Test, or M.T.T.C test.
2. Completion of ISD Behavior Management training or related training program preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively control the behavior of students and implement behavior management plans after instruction is given.
4. Computer literacy desirable.
5. Will be subject to criminal background check and drug test.
1. Assist with the implementation of students’ individual education programs (IEPs) under the supervision of the lead teacher in the classroom.
2. Record keeping, maintaining a student behavior log and other related paper work.
3. Help manage the behavior of students.
4. Help create, develop and make modifications to the instructional materials and activities to assure the participation of handicapped students in classroom, on playground, etc.
5. Any other related duties as assigned by the teacher, Principal, or designee.
Pay Rate $11.82/per hr -MAX
This position is part of the contract with the Oak Park Educational Support Personnel Association.
All who are interested must apply to the position on-line at: www.oakparkschools.org to complete the general application and upload all necessary documents. All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than Thursday, December 7, 2017, by 4:00 p.m.
The Oak Park School District is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, citizenship, handicap, height, weight, and marital status