Early Childhood Paraeducator (GSRP)
GRSP/EARLY CHILDHOOD PARAPROFESSIONAL
The Oak Park School District has an opening for one (1) GRSP Paraprofessional at Key Elementary School, for the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Must possess one of the following: Associates degree in early childhood education, or child development, or the equivalent, or; a valid classroom CDA credential; or an existing 120 hour approval.
2. Completion of ISD Behavior Management training or related training program preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively control the behavior of students and implement behavior management plans after instruction is given.
4. Computer literacy desirable.
5. Will be subject to criminal background check and drug test.
1.Assist the teacher in meeting developmental needs of children with appropriate experience and activities planned with and under direction of teacher.
2.Meet immediate needs of individual children.
3.Communicate with parents on home visits, in school conferences, as well as daily contacts.
4.Participate in staff-meetings, in-service training and early childhood conferences as requested.
5.Demonstrate dependability and organizational skills.
6.Assist with record keeping.
7.Other related duties as assigned by Principal or designee.
This position is part of the Oak Park Educational Support Personnel Association bargaining unit.
SALARY RANGE: $11.82/per hr -Max
All who are interested must apply to the position on-line at: www.oakparkschools.org to complete the on-line application and upload all necessary documents. All letters of interest and / or resumes must be received no later than Thursday, December 7, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
The Oak Park School District is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, citizenship, handicap, height, weight, and marital status.
my file/docs/posting 11-21-17