2nd Grade Classroom Teacher
Island City Academy, is accepting applications for a full-time, dynamic, 2nd grade Teacher. Island City is a small rural charter school with a small class size, and amazing support from parents. In addition to a small class size, we also offer the support of a Reading Intervention Teacher, and an intervention teacher to help support. The successful candidate will maintain a positive learning environment, effectively hold high academic expectations, and create a student-centered classroom while building rapport with students, parents, and staff. I
The person selected for this position will be the one who offers the best combination of training, experience, and attributes in accordance with the following:
- Hold a valid Michigan Elementary teacher certificate (K-5).
- Meet "Highly Qualified" teacher standard of NCLB/ESSA.
- Successful experience as an elementary teacher, student teacher, or substitute teacher.
- Experience implementing early literacy practices, such as literacy centers, guided reading, Daily 5, and Writer’s Workshop.
- Knowledge of scope and sequence of curriculum.
- Ability to recognize and respond to individual differences.
- Ability to implement a variety of instructional and assessment methods.
- Good classroom management skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Google preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in personal professional development.
- Experience as a collaborative team participant.
- Plan and deliver the Michigan Academic Standards using evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Provide and maintain an orderly classroom environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of formative and summative assessment strategies that align with the Michigan Academic Standards and can be used to monitor student achievement and growth.
- Work independently and cooperatively in the teaching mode.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administrator.